To ensure both a delicious and relaxing festive season when entertaining family and friends, Chef Stacey recommends keeping it simple with fuss-free canapés that can be easily prepared in advance. Put out glasses and an ice bucket or two of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and let your guests help themselves. Adjust both recipes as needed for your party size.
Pair with Paul Cluver Chardonnay
1. Cut the bread into discs or squares, drizzle with olive oil and season well.
2. Place in the oven at 180C to toast until lightly golden.
3. Allow to cool, then top with smoked trout.
4. Combine the horseradish cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice
5. Dollop over the trout and finish with fennel fronds.