Wood Fired Kingklip with Thyme Cream and Spinach Pecorino Crust
Elevate your dining experience with our Wood Fired Kingklip with Thyme Cream and Spinach Pecorino Crust, paired with our Estate Chardonnay. The delicate kingklip fish is cooked to perfection over an open wood fire, then coated with a savoury crust made with fresh spinach and sharp pecorino cheese.
The thyme cream adds a creamy texture and herbaceous aroma that perfectly complements the dish’s natural flavours. To complete the experience, we recommend sipping on our Estate Chardonnay, which has a bright acidity that cuts through the richness of the dish.
- 1 Kingklip fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10g fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- Preheat your wood-fired oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the Kingklip fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof pan over high heat. Add the Kingklip fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the fish from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the thyme, onion, garlic, fennel, spring onions, baby spinach, and green peppercorns. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine.
- Return the cooked Kingklip fillets to the pan, making sure they are fully submerged in the sauce. Sprinkle the Pecorino cheese on top of the fish.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated wood-fired oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving and enjoy your delicious Wood Fired Kingklip with Thyme Cream and Spinach Pecorino Crust!
Servings: 1 pax